SOUTHBOROUGH TOWN – SOUTHBOROUGH NORTH WARD
NOTICE OF ELECTION
ELECTION OF TOWN COUNCILLOR
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT:
An Election is to be held in the Southborough North Ward.
1. The number of Town Councillors to be elected for the area is ONE.
2. Nomination papers are available from the Returning Officer, Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, Town Hall, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1RS, (Mon-Fri) during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm.
3. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, Town Hall on any day (Mon-Fri) during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm after the date of this notice but not later than 4pm on Friday 13 January 2017.
NOTE: nomination papers must not be handed in at the Gateway, only at the Town Hall.
4. If an election is contested the poll will take place on THURSDAY 9 FEBRUARY 2017.
5. New applications to vote by post and alterations to an existing postal or proxy vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Town Hall by 5pm on 25 January 2017, if they are to be effective for this election.
6. New applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy) except on the grounds of a medical emergency must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Town Hall by 5pm on 1 February 2017, if they are to be effective for this election.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Town Hall by 5pm on 9 February 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on 1 February 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on 1 February 2017.
Dated: 5 January 2017 William Benson
Printed and Published by the Returning Officer, Town Hall, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1RS
As a resident of Southborough and High Brooms you are invited to make one nomination per household of a person that you feel deserves to receive this award.
The criteria for the nominations are as follows:
He or she needs to have provided ongoing service to the Community of Southborough and High Brooms for a number of years.
The awards are made for voluntary work only.
The Town Council recognises that not only residents of the town play a part in service to our Community and we wish to ensure that all those worthy of an award are considered.
Therefore recipients of the award may reside outside of Southborough and High Brooms.
If you are aware of a worthy recipient who meets the criteria listed above, and whom you would like to be considered for a Civic Award, please complete the nomination form on the next page and return it to the Town Clerk by 10 February 2017.
We may need to contact you to obtain further information so your details are important, please make sure that the form is fully completed.
Southborough Town Council will make the final decision on the recipients and no correspondence will be entered into.
If you require further clarification on the Civic Award process, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01892 529176.
The closing date for receipt of the nominations is Friday 10 February 2017
Nominations forms should be sent to The Town Clerk, Southborough Town Council, 137 London Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 0ND.